View Single Post
Old January 25, 2012, 07:57 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibz View Post
I'm jealous of the x79.

I just installed my own raystorm and I just shrugged and figured more mounting pressure is better and got it pretty damn tight.
I stopped a bit short of all the way screwed in. I just measured afterwards with a scale to make sure all four sides were even.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent_Avenger View Post
Looks like you have enough room on the vrm heat sinks to mount a 40mm fan onto just get some self tapping screws just wide enough to secure into the heat sink slots. It's what I did on my NB cooler on my MSI board.

[snip]
Anyways nice system
I only had 120mm and 230mm fans kicking around. I tried an ultra kaze 2krpm at first but it was painfully loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prolab View Post
Anyway you can put the pump lower than the res? So the water feeds it by gravity?

Nonetheless, looking good man!

I could probably fit the pump lower near the hard drive bays but it runs really smooth right now and it's not a very restrictive loop. I sat the case on it's side so the res would be the highest point in the loop to help bleed out any bubbles.

Temperature wise I believe the highest I've seen is 62c after an hour of Linx. Still not fully stable as every other night my F@H will BSOD. I've tried using straight multipliers and also using a 125x bclck with lower multipliers, gonna mess around with it more this weekend.