View Single Post
Old May 25, 2008, 05:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't like most things so don't be offended.

I always seem to be the only guy on a forum that does not like all this modern zoomy swoopy moving curvy/bubbly bloated/bulky glossy etc crap that is basically crammed down all of our gobs everywhere recently. I don't know how you people love that stuff but you do and it is of reasonable concern to me. Partially because I have to suffer through it but also because I cannot seem to comprehend how everybody just silently goes along with and embraces the wretched trends large companies start. And what about television programming? All that "mindless entertainment" is not good for you. You know that right? Please truthfully tell me that you know this? Please?

Anyway, I can get a bit extreme. I once left a forum in protest of them re-designing their site in a manner I found absolutely appalling. :/ They were not even done and I was gone. :P So far it has been a total boycott. I have not even gone there to grab a bit of information or even checked up to see the final design. It is not that I am pissed, far from it. It is just that I made a stand and will not cave or even be tempted to.
Everybody else loved it but not me, it seems to be a common occurrence and is not limited to appearance either. I hate what computers and other technologies have turned into as well but there is nothing I can do to rectify the situation. Sure setting myself on fire or jumping off a cliff would eliminate my desire to fix things but in the end nothing would get fixed so I would be doing no good for our society.

Even if I do change a couple people's minds and get my way then everybody else gets upset about things and I am to blame. I don't want to piss people off even more though and I am a minority of one(generally anyway) so obviously it makes sense to cater to the majority.
As much as I don't like to say it, I will never be able to change the mind of the majority. I have tried - but it does not work and it generally just makes a mess of things so I don't bother on that scale anymore.

I no longer see much of a point in trying very hard. As a result, as much as this might seem like guilt tripping(it is not my intention btw), just ignore me when I bitch and moan about most things. You have the majority to cater to and you cannot please everybody so that means ignoring me. Well, assuming I am the minority as is with most situations.

I can accept that.

If I get overly displeased about something that most people like I will just ignore it or leave if it is a big deal to me. Simple. Effective. Easy. Clean. Quick.

Go about your daily lives, "improve" what you want, I will try to stay out of your way if I can manage.
Just so you know, I am not upset with any of you at the moment.. Well, perhaps I am disappointed in the display of desire for mindless violence in the BSG thread.. but that is probably it as far as I can recall. You seem to be a great bunch.
Anyway, I am just making you aware of why I complain so much and why you should just ignore me most of the time. :P

Ok, moving on with the thread's original topic. I need to end this post before it gets too long. Also, it really is very off-topic.