View Single Post
Old January 13, 2012, 05:48 AM
3.0 "I kill SR2's" Charlie
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zink View Post
If you say so. My bios settings are the same as yours but I hadn't realised I could change the settings under ECC Config with standard DDR3. Mine was set to [Basic] so I changed it to [Disabled] like you have because that sounds like the faster option.
My flags are -smp -bigadv -bigbeta but I don't think these matter as long as the client gets a 6903.

My tpf on the current unit seems to be about 22:45 on average so "245k ppd" according to the calc. My first ppd number of 335k is from when I had PowerNow [Enabled]. It seams we're even so that's great.

EDIT: I'm getting 22:54 tpf on the same unit as before so I'm switching ECC back on. It could be something else like dynamic load balancing but I think ECC [Basic] was a bit faster than [Disabled]. I'm trying the [Good] setting now just for fun.
Keep us on the loop, I always had ECC disabled. But Powernow, that's interesting. Could it be the 'Turbo' kicking in? As far as tpf and ppd, both rigs are almost the same (22:40, 238k per HFM).

edit: I don't think Powernow makes any difference - see AMD PowerNow!. My question is, why add this feature on a 4p server board when the article talks about notebooks and battery power savings? Weird.