View Single Post
Old January 10, 2012, 01:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Crosshair V vs Sabertooth 990FX

Hello, I am currently helping a friend upgrade. The friend is an AMD fanboy. Currently they have a 6950 being bottlenecked by a X2 3.0GHz, but they own a non am3+ board and they do not like intel for whatever crazy reason (i love AMD but bulldozer is less performance for more money). They also want to buy all their shit from memory express because they hate dealing with mailing stuff back and forth. Memory express is ALL OUT OF X2 AND X4 AND X6 AM3 PROCS IN EDMONTON. My first advice was a X4 955 BE.

So they want to upgrade to a 990FX mobo, and plunk in the X2 3.0GHz for now because they cannot afford a CPU + MEM + Mobo all at once.

The real question is crosshair V vs sabertooth (as they are also an ASUS fanboy).

This person games mostly on the computer. I was thinkin that the extra 20-30 bucks might be worth it due to the better LAN chip, on board sound package, and red goes faster than peuk brownish colour (in theory).

This person also will be DEFINETLY overclocking the x2 (to some extent as it is locked), and will be overclocking a bulldozer when they buy one in perhaps a few months time.

This person likes to play WITH and ON the computer, so i figured the crosshair V , when coupled with some minor gaming perks, was superior to the sabertooth.

Another complication is that the noctua colour scheme matches the sabertooth.

So with all this in mind, and my mind not being able to be made up, which would you get and why?

Thank you for your time!