View Single Post
Old January 5, 2012, 02:00 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Also from my understanding gpu clock tool disables fan speed changes and such, AB or Sapphire TRIX would be your best bets, at least they allow overvoltage(if your card supports it) and higher clock headroom then CCC allows, you could also change the bios on the card(but this takes some balls sorta speak)

Either its the voltage is not enough, or the Vregs are getting to warm trying to pump those clocks, you could also tell AB to enable unoffical overclocking which sometimes helps, or even BIOS edit your card with Radeon bios editor, but you better pay attention to what you are doing.

Dont forget, Radeon x950 vs thier x970 "usually" have a limit imposed on them, and more often then not, do not typically have as much headroom, some are the exception, but most of these exceptions were choosen by the manufacturer for this specific reason.

GPU review will show you what alot of 5850 are sold at for speeds in memory and such, this may help, but also keep in mind, Vregs control the power to core/memory, and by overclocking both you more then likely are limiting the clocks either can achieve, "most" games the Radeons gain alot more performance from a higher core speed, then higher memory, I say put both at stock, and find the highest you can get both individually, then put both together, and do make sure the temps are in check, 65-78c or so is resonable with 35-62% fan speed, any higher then that you are pusing it to much and this will most certainluy effect the speeds/stability.