Thread: PC Upgrade
View Single Post
Old December 31, 2011, 10:50 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frontier204 View Post
I don't see anything about the power supply: if you are feeding a Quad Core that draws ~90W and GPU that draws ~160W, you will want a good one so you don't have a fire.
An Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, Silverstone, or power supply manufactured by OEMs Delta or SuperFlower would be good. Aim for a ~500W power supply that has the two PCI-E plugs you will need, although if you are not overclocking even a 450W will be fine if you can find one with the appropriate connectors. I don't know what shops you have access to, so you can post the power supplies you find and we can have a look.

If you only play RPG and FPS, the 2400 even at stock will be fine unless the game you play is badly programmed. If you're not overclocking, then any motherboard which supports that CPU will be fine: I usually aim for the company who has the best support (e.g. if they have a repair depot in your country). You can even go for a H61 or H67 motherboard if you wish, as it doesn't seem you will be going to multiple GPUs.
I'm buying from this site:
http://www.tipidpc.com/useritems.php...Oxvor_Cellular

Is this H61 motherboard good? 'cause it's really cheap. ($60)
TipidPC.com | mobo lga1155, Asrock H61M-HVS B3 motherboard intel

Or would I benefit more from a H67 motherboard like: ($110)
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P8H67-M LE

Which of these PSUs be okay for the HD 6870?
Does it have the appropriate connectors? I'm really not good at PSUs.
TipidPC.com | psu, Antec Basiq Series BP500U 500 watts 80plus power supply ($55)
TipidPC.com | psu, Antec VP550P VP550 550 watts 80% efficiency power supply ($55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm89 View Post
I'm actually studying in the Philippines right now, are you buying your computer parts from http://www.tipidpc.com ?
I would go for the 2500k if you can stretch your budget so you can overclock later if you like, its 9500 php TipidPC.com | Intel i5-2500K 3.30GHz 6MB Cache LGA1155
go for the biostar mobo which can be had for around 5300 php or less, the biostar TZ68K+ TipidPC.com | Mobo, 1155, Biostar, TZ68K+, Brandnew
for the gpu if you could stretch your budget to 10000php you can find a used 6950 2gb or a brand new 560 ti / 6950 1gb
as for the psu I agree with frontier204 any of those brands would do fine and a good 500 watt would do fine.
Yes, I'll be buying from that site.
I'm not going to get "K" CPUs since I won't be overclocking.
You know, I really want to stretch my GPU budget to Php 10,000, but since I really have to buy a new PSU to replace my generic one, I really can't.