Thread: PC Upgrade
View Single Post
Old December 31, 2011, 07:21 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't see anything about the power supply: if you are feeding a Quad Core that draws ~90W and GPU that draws ~160W, you will want a good one so you don't have a fire.
An Antec, Seasonic, Corsair, Silverstone, or power supply manufactured by OEMs Delta or SuperFlower would be good. Aim for a ~500W power supply that has the two PCI-E plugs you will need, although if you are not overclocking even a 450W will be fine if you can find one with the appropriate connectors. I don't know what shops you have access to, so you can post the power supplies you find and we can have a look.

If you only play RPG and FPS, the 2400 even at stock will be fine unless the game you play is badly programmed. If you're not overclocking, then any motherboard which supports that CPU will be fine: I usually aim for the company who has the best support (e.g. if they have a repair depot in your country). You can even go for a H61 or H67 motherboard if you wish, as it doesn't seem you will be going to multiple GPUs.