View Single Post
December 31, 2011, 05:03 AM
Join Date: Oct 2011
Hello, I'm just new here and I'm upgrading my 5 year old PC. (E5300 DC, 9400GT and DDR2 RAM)
1. What YOUR PC will be used for.
- Mostly gaming.
2. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread.
- I don't understand the 20% spread thing.
- GPU = Php 9,000 ($205)
- CPU = Php 9,000 ($205)
- MoBo = Php 6,000 ($136) or something cheaper...
- PSU = I'm not sure, depends on the build.
3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
4. IF YOU have a brand preference.
- I'm ok with anything.
5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
- My monitor, keyboard, mouse and casing.
6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
- Yes, but it only helped a little.
7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
- Nope. Don't know don't care. I'm ok with the CPU & GPU's default speeds.
8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
- Hopefully next year, when I get money.
9. What resolution do you use?
- 1360x768, I don't have any plans on upgrading it. I feel kinda dizzy on big screens.
I was thinking about
Intel Core i5-2400
A decent/cheap P67 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 6870
I don't plans on having a Z68 board since I won't be using an SSD.
Some says that the 6870 is overkill for that resolution, they prefer to use a 5770. Well, for me, I like overkill and I want to play games with atleast 50+ FPS (even if my monitor is 60Hz only). I play mostly FPS games & MMORPGs, I seldom play RTS games.
Philippine Peso exchange rate to U.S. Dollars:
Philippine Peso Exchange Rate - Currency Converter
Thank you and Happy New Year~!
Last edited by erjohnz; December 31, 2011 at
My System Specs
WD Blue 500GB
Samsung SyncMaster 943SNXPLUS
Windows 7 32-bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to erjohnz
Find all posts by erjohnz