View Single Post
Old December 30, 2011, 08:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Just a few quick pics of the loop roughed in.

Quite a few changes to the config... I took a fit and swapped the bottom mount YLs for top mount (deeper) 2K RPM scythe fans drawing fresh air in. I'll have to get a few shots of the clearances with the larger fans.... there's room for me to swap memory out without having to remove the rad, but it's an "interesting" access point, and it's pretty tight. I've also moved the rad fittings to the rear of the case rather than the front.

It's not a tight loop by any means... my main motivator was the ability to easily reposition the large res for filling/draining. Configured the way it is, there's plenty of tubing for me to be able to make the res the absolute highest point in the loop even though the rad is top mounted. I also wanted to ensure that I'd have no problems getting SLI'd / Crossfired Vid cards in and out through the tubing. While we're on the subject of SLI'd vid cards.... I guess I'm not going to get my discrete audio after all... I'd forgotten that the lower SLI card blocks the PCI slot... maybe I'll double check to ensure that the last PCIe slot can do 1X with 2 SLI'd cards and invest in a new format card.

Heh... looking at the pics, that 3/8 tubing looks kinda puny.... almost makes me want to bump it back up to 1/2", but then I remember how much easier working with 3/8" is, and I come back to my senses..... :)

Hopefully I'll be able to get the fittings tightened and lines clamped tomorrow during the day so that I can get a good 8 hour leak check done over new year's eve.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP