View Single Post
Old December 27, 2011, 11:21 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Neither? You use the backplate supplied with your H100 cooler if you follow the directions. On page 1 and 3 of the manual it shows that you use different sized screws depending on whether you are using the LGA2011 mountiing holes or the LGA1366 ones.

The rIVe ships with LGA2011 mounting standard as seen in Eldonko's review here: ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme Socket 2011 Motherboard Review
It's only necessary to change it if you want to use a LGA1366 cooler. You've got one of the few coolers currently on the market that will fit LGA2011 stock.

Sorry if this is confusing. It's a new platform for all of us.

Edit:

I've totally changed my mind, sorry. When you look at Linus' video, at 4:25 or so it shows him screwing the LGA2011 screws in to the frontplate on the MSI board. The Rampage IV Extreme does not appear to have the same socket hardware. ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme Socket 2011 Motherboard Review

I'd test mount it using the LGA2011 screws and make sure you are getting good pressure on the CPU. If you aren't getting good contact, you may want to contact Corsair or post on their forum. I'm not sure that you can use the supplied LGA1366 backplate.

I'm changing the name of the thread to include Rampage IV Extreme, hopefully Eldonko can give you some direction.

Last edited by SugarJ; December 27, 2011 at 11:42 PM.