View Single Post
Old December 15, 2011, 03:01 PM

Audiophile is a term that gets thrown around a lot by people who "think they're leet but they're not". The only people who are audiophiles are the people who drive around in a 20 year old car and live in a trailer so that they can afford to upkeep their $20,000 audio setup and the expensive lossless content that goes with it.

I'm a self-described "headphone geek", which means I can tell the difference between most headsets under the $150 range and while I appreciate the difference in quality between lossless CD rips and crap MP3s from iTunes, the convenience of small file sizes outweighs my appreciation.

So yeah... if you need a recommendation for a gaming headset that doesn't suck, I'm probably the right person to talk to. If you're an aspiring audiophile, I'm "t3h noobsauce".

edit: All of that aside, the solution to your problem is fairly simple. Can't count the number of times I've said this in my videos, but here it goes anyway: Stop using onboard audio. It doesn't matter what marketing is attached to it and what "certifications" it carries. It all sucks (with the possible exception of the GB G1. series boards that have amped onboard audio, but I haven't spent much time with them, so I can't say for sure). Any add-in sound card is better than onboard, and if you get one with a headphone amp, you will be happy you did.

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647