Thread: Slow ssd
View Single Post
Old December 14, 2011, 02:04 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

To the OP, run CDM like ONCE. There is zero need to continue to rerun the test UNLESS you have an issue like you do now. CDM, AS-SSD and the others use UNcompressible data which really really is hard on the SF2281 drives.

To Arinoth, yeah I do have a sneaking suspecion that it could be AMD's "implementation" of Trim that is biting him in the ass....but it most likly is just a bad drive as those read numbers are awfully damn low even for a degraded state. If cleaning and cleaning and cleaning with a side order of double nuking does in fact clear it all up AND his "trim chain" is intact and SHOULD be running right...all I can say is...congratulations you have joined the legion of consumers who have been screwed over my AMD and their driver "team". AMD has a loooong tradition of doing it so its nothing personal. HOPEFULLY that is the case as sometimes a re-installation of the OS can solve it...which beats RMA'ing a drive any day!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr