View Single Post
Old December 11, 2011, 10:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Ok somehow, I managed to get the Ethernet connection to work by updating some drivers.

But now the remaining problem lies with the wireless connection.

For now, I can see the network I want to connect to. I manage to connect to it, but I get a limited access. When I try to troubleshoot the problem it says there might be a problem with the driver for wireless network connection adapter.
When I "try these repairs as an administrator", it tells me that "the wireless network adapter is experiencing problems": "Windows couldn't automatically bind the IP protocol stack to the network adapter."

This leads me to believe there is a problem with my wireless network, but since it hasn't changed in months and was working every single time without even a minor problem for the past few months with the very same laptop, I can't figure out what the problem could be. At the same time, I manage to connect my phone to that network without any problems.

In terms of nearby wireless Internet connections, I am on Channel 1, right now the other channels used is channel 9. The router used is a Netgear WNDR3700V2.