View Single Post
Old December 10, 2011, 11:02 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shark974 View Post
Driver support is pretty fanboy nonsense/message board noise imo. My 4890 never seems to have any of these alleged horrible driver issues. If anything I notice more problems with Nvidia cards (example, when BF3 came out some forum posters were saying even factory overclocked Nvidia cards needed to be turned down to stock to avoid problem in the game. WTF?).
So the complete lack of Skyrim support was fanboy nonsense?

AMD Game Forums - Xfire and skyrim low FPS

Guess HardOCP was just making things up too: HARDOCP - Conclusion - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Performance and IQ Review

For the record, AMD took three WEEKS to fix performance.

Next up we have Rage.

Was Bethesda themselves BSing? Bethesda: Rage AMD Drivers

Can 34 pages of pretty negative comments about AMD's lack of BF3 support be wrong: Battlefield 3 Crossfire issues? Complete list of known fix's here! 11.11c link inside!

For the record, it took them two releases to sort of nail things down and performance is STILL not up to par.

Quote:
Overclockability is a good point. But again useless on a VRAM limited card imo.

The rest boils down to you just ignoring the main problem, limited VRAM. Guess we agree to strongly disagree there.
Where do you see ANY limitation of VRAM other than Shogun 2? Remember this isn't a card that is supposed to target the 2560 crowd.

And I did bench against a 1GB HD 6950....