View Single Post
Old December 2, 2011, 09:32 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Originally Posted by zlojack View Post
This monitor seems interesting, but I'm wondering about gaming on it. The response time seems high compared to most "gaming" monitors, though I know that can be a misleading number. I run a GTX 480 right now. Would that be alright to drive this many pixels?
I found my 580 struggling to power this monitor in all games. It is a boat load of pixels. Honestly, when I go for a 27" gaming setup I plan on either SLI'ing 580s or waiting for the 690s to land and SLI'ing two of them. From a ghosting POV there is some, but it is very, very minor and easily the best professional grade monitor I have seen in this regards. You are correct when you say that numbers can be misleading as I have a 23" 2ms TN panel here that shows more ghosting than the sammy did!

Hope that helps.
"If you ever start taking things too seriously, just remember that we are talking monkeys on an organic spaceship flying through the universe." -JR

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr