View Single Post
Old November 28, 2011, 12:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
"It's stable when used properly"

There is no way to "use" Flash properly if you are an end user. You install Flash, you expect it to work. If you open a youtube page, and Flash decides "NOPE I'M GONNA CRASH WOOOOOOOAH", you cannot tell me I was not using it properly if I follow the VERY instructions Adobe gives out.

PS: Everything is stable if used properly.

"Flash powers some amazing experiences that work consistently across all of the major browsers in a way that cannot be replicated without Flash technology."

Are they implying this is not what HTML5 is trying to achieve? A uniform standard to which all major browsers can support and have a similar if not exact same experience? An experience which maybe not replicate everything Flash can do, but at the same time go much farther and do much more than it ever could? And to simplify this experience by reducing the amount of languages and failure points for any given project?

I appreciate trying to come up with a good argument against the death of Flash, but calling it HTML5 purism is just bad. Flash will die. This is a fact. It will be a grand day when it does. Reliance on Flash to build web pages is just about the worst thing in Web Design today, next to the animated gif.

Last edited by Jebusman; November 28, 2011 at 12:28 PM.