View Single Post
Old November 25, 2011, 04:36 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedirock View Post
Sorry to resurrect a slightly older thread, but I figure this is relevant to the thread. I'm looking to purchase 3 Dell U2412M's for use in an Eyefinity setup. I had originally contacted Chere as he said he can get them for people around $300, but I'm having a hard time contacting him reliably and punctually, and Dell's lowered their prices for the U2412M's for Black Friday to $300 (plus taxes and environmental fees, which is already included in Chere's price). Should I still bother trying to get them through him, or just bite the extra cash and order them from Dell? Shipping doesn't factor in here, as both Dell and Chere (as I understand) offer free shipping.

(In other news, first post! w00t!)
Pros from getting from Chere: Le$$ money
Pros from getting from Dell: If you don't like it, it's easier to return it as you are the direct purchaser, and there is no middle man (I'm assuming)

And also there is the reliability factor. Chere could get them cheaper back when they first came out, but they are going on sale a lot and I'm sure he has limited time to allocate to getting them.

It also might have been a group buy thing where, if he got a number in one order, he'd get his corp. discount.

Xeven: How about 10^8.450980400142567e-001 -as a possible replacement for "10e"

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=71732