View Single Post
Old November 23, 2011, 11:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Last year, we said that people posting threads had to identify their items as RE. I will caution potential sellers that reselling RE items is against Intel's TOS, and buyers should be aware that RE items can only be RMA'd by the original purchaser.
They have changed this. This is directly from the Retail Edge website cut/paste. RE is now standard Intel Processor policy.

Quote:
Purchase Program Warranty Information - Summer 2011 All Purchase Program orders are final. Cancellations are not permitted.
Please open your Purchase Program bundle shipment within 30 days of receipt to ensure all components are included and undamaged.

Damaged and defective components may be exchanged, based on the policies stated in the Warranty Information for that product.

Intel® Core™ i7 Processor Product and Warranty Information
  • Intel processors offered in the Purchase Program are covered by the standard three-year product warranty.
  • Installation instructions, warranty information, contact information and an Intel sticker will be included in the box.
  • Processors are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Purchase Program purchasers are entitled to Standard Warranty Replacement coverage but not Advance Warrant Replacement coverage.
Intel® 320 Series Solid-State Drive Product and Warranty Information
  • This Solid-State Drive (SSD) qualifies for warranty support direct from Intel. SSDs in this program will have the standard five year Warranty that is in the sealed box.
  • Installation instructions, Warranty information, Contact information and an Intel Flyer are included in the box. SSDs are already released for sale and fully supported by Intel Customer Support.
  • Program entitlement for Warranty will be for Standard Warranty Replacement (SWR). For this program, Purchasers will not be entitled to Advance Warrant Replacements (AWR).
For more information, please see the following PDFs:
Processor Support
SSD Support
Contact Information:
Email Intel® Tech Support

Phone Intel® Tech Support:
(916) 377-7000
Monday — Friday
7:00am — 5:00pm (US Pacific Time)

My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about