Toshiba tablet (AT100/Thrive): initial impressions
View Single Post
November 21, 2011, 07:45 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: GTA, Ontario
My System Specs
A few days with the Toshiba AT100 Tablet (called the Toshiba Thrive in the US) and here are the pros and cons:
- full size USB and HDMI
- USB handles any jump drive I throw at it no problem
- USB port can use a USB keyboard and mouse. I plugged in a wireless USB dongle, and was able to use a wireless keyboard and mouse instantly. If you include the HDMI out, it is very possible to use this tablet like a PC, without any type of dock. Just us the existing ports.
- SD cards mount no problem
- battery life is good
- solid wireless N connections
- replaceable battery, without voiding warranty
- Honeycomb version 3.1 stock. Tegra 2 performs good. Very responsive.
- full charge in about an hour. See cons below, however.
- its a bit thick, due to the replaceable back and full-sized ports
- the battery charger is the same size as a small laptop adapter. No USB charging.
- US reviews of the same unit mention that the Thrive comes with Logmein Ignition. Seems the Canadian version does not.
So far, really liking this tablet. Toshiba has said that Ice Cream Sandwich will be available in the US for the Thrive, so hopefully it will make it to Canadian units as well.
Fold for team #54196
My System Specs
Main(Blackie) Asus Rampage III Formula //
Blackie: i7 970 @4.0GHZ Heatkiller 3.0// Foldy: i7 970 @4.0GHZ EK Supreme
Blackie: Corsair Vengeance 12GB 1600mhz // Foldy: Mushkin 1600MHZ 6GB
Blackie: Evga GTX 580 1.5GB Koolance WB Foldy: Zotac GTX 460 768MB
Blackie: OCZ Vertex 2 240GB, Seagate 3TB, WD Black 2TB, WD Black 1TB Foldy: Intel X25-M 80GB Gen2, WB Black 500GB Externals: WD Green 1.5TB, WD Green 1TB
Blackie: Corsair AX1200w // Foldy: Enermax Revo85+ 1050W
Blackie: Corsair 800D // Foldy: CM HAF 932
Blackie: X-fi Titanium Pro
Blackie: LG Blu-ray writer // Foldy: LG Blu-ray rom
Blackie: Samsung 2693HM 25.5in // Foldy: Acer H213HBMID 21.5in
Blackie: W7 Ultimate 64-bit // Foldy: W7 Pro 64-bit
View Public Profile
Send a private message to chrisk
Find all posts by chrisk