View Single Post
Old November 17, 2011, 09:06 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Unless power savings is an absolute must, I would just go with the i3 2100. It should be a bit cheaper, and will perform identically.

I would also rather an ASUS motherboard, but that's just me. If you want reliability, I think ASUS will last longer than ASRock.

Also I'd suggest this case/PSU combo instead: Newegg.ca - Antec NSK 4482B Black ATX Mid Tower 380W. Same EarthWatts 380W PSU, but I'd say the case is better constructed than anything from Rosewill.

And I'd go with 8GB of RAM, because it's just so cheap now there's no reason not to: NCIX.com - Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Stiletto 8GB 2X4GB DDR3-1333

As for OS, I'd definitely suggest Windows 7 as well. It will run much better, and continue to run smoothly for much longer than XP does IMO. If it's truly just for web usage, you may consider giving Ubuntu a shot instead. I simply cannot recommend nor advise installing XP on brand-new hardware. It's just silly. XP is 10 years old now and it had it's time and place. It simply lacks the underlying kernel-support to properly utilize modern hardware.