View Single Post
Old November 12, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Since this thread seems to be the most appropriate place to put this, and I have a tube of IC7 that should be on the way soon from the HWC store, I will post a question.

I just did a read through of all results (17 pages...ugh) and saw very little on AMD setups. I am using a phenom II x3 710 stock clocks/ stock heatsink. Not by any means a performance machine, but if I can cut a couple degrees from stock then I will. I am curious about how the stock AMD retention system is for pressure, and how it does for keeping an even spread. Have you done any tests that would help out those with an AMD based system? Does it force TIM all to one side? Not enough pressure? Better with a different application method because of the way it is secured? Any info you have would help me and I am sure others as well.

Thanks for your help in advance.