View Single Post
Old November 11, 2011, 09:29 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

thanks! System got project 7504, tpf 12 mins, estimate PPD 3400. Kinda low, pretty disappointing, will take 20 hours to get a WU done. I think I'll go Ubuntu as soon as I get those controllers. I think one of the fans is damaged because it is whining even at 30% rpm and while I increase the speed of the other one I do not hear any difference in sound. Do you know any good 60mm unit or should I see what newegg has to offer?

The board has fan control but the settings are too conservative for my taste : 4000 RPM for workstation mode and 5000 RPM for server mode. Third option is disabled, this is the one I took, and manually reduced the fan rpm at 40% with Speed Fan. The board also has it's own monitoring software, Super Doctor III, just discovered this morning. Unfortunately does not support resolutions under 1280x1024, didn't really have too much time to tinker with it. And there is no specific driver available for Win 7 for the Ati ES 1000 chip which seems to be a Rage Pro chip. This board is pretty limited for modern times, I think only Linux will work satisfactory on this board.

Last edited by MARSTG; November 12, 2011 at 08:58 AM. Reason: update