View Single Post
Old May 8, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Logitech Setpoint software and Driver detection

As a result of a complete system repair I have had numerous problems with my system and the software installed for my peripherial devices I have been able overcome and solve many by simply reinstalling the drivers or software, however this one I have not been able to figure out.

I recently purchased a Logitech G5 Laser Mouse and when I went to install the mouse I simply unplugged my old MX518 and plugged in the G5 thinking that the Setpoint Software would detect and install the corresponding driver for it. The mouse was detected and the driver showed as installing but after a few minutes windows would not install the driver for the G5 Laser mouse.

I recieve this error message when attempting to manually install the driver for the G5 or MX518 "The process cannot access the file because its being used by another process"

My next thought was to uninstall the setpoint software and try letting windows detect the mouse and then reinstall it with the logitech driver. Windows XP detected the mouse as a standard HID mouse and it worked, I proceeded to install setpoint 4.44 from logitech and it went through the standard installation it got to about 40% and said it was finished.

Even unstalling and re-installing the software does not remedy the problem, its very frustrating because I cannot access any of the advance features of the Setpoint software and my mouse is now nothing more then just a standard USB mouse.

Has anyone come across a problem after a windows repair where USB devices and their software don't work anymore?

Any helpfuly suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Regards,

EE

Last edited by Eagle Eye; May 8, 2008 at 08:04 PM.