View Single Post
Old December 20, 2006, 01:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Virtual-Hideout reviews 2GB OCZ DDR2 PC2-8500 SLI-Ready Edition

" Well I'm back with yet another OCZ memory review. Today I'll be looking at their newest special edition memory marketed as PC2-8500 NVIDIA SLI Edition DDR2. This kit is rated for 1066MHz operation with timings of 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v. It's also tuned for easy EPP operation (enhanced performance profiles) specifically programmed for high end NVIDIA SLI chipsets like the NVIDIA 590 SLI and of course, the newest NVIDIA 680i SLI chipset (which is what I'll be testing it on today).

Now I have kind of scoffed at just how handy the "EPP" specifications were in the past, however as these speeds crank up, and motherboard BIOS` get more and more complex, "EPP" is really beginning to appeal to me a little more. The reason for this is the fact that is doesn't just set the basic 5-5-5 timings, but it also adjusts many other in-depth settings in the BIOS that you may never actually see in order to enhance its performance and stability on qualified chipsets. Let's take a closer look at the specs and features of the OCZ PC2-8500 NVIDIA SLI Edition DDR2 dual channel memory kit."

More @ Virtual-Hideout

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton