View Single Post
Old November 6, 2011, 08:49 AM
MVP

(Note for anyone reading the above - I'm pretty sure he means 1.360v, 1.375v, etc) Given that you are getting longer stability as you go up in vcore, it could just be that you haven't got it high enough yet....

OK
-CPU Spread Spectrum - DISABLE - this could be the big one
-C1, C3, C6 - change from auto to ENABLE (sometimes C3 and C6 can be a problem at higher overclocks and need to be disabled, but I don't see this being an issue at 4.5)
-everything else looks spot on, to me. I looked at the screenies 3x to make sure.

Question: I see what you're setting vcore at in bios, but what is it reading under load at the desktop, using a monitor like CPUZ or other hardware monitor?

You mentioned 9-9-9-27, I did see it as 9-9-9-24 in your bios. XMP is a programmed profile for your memory sticks. On some motherboards, if you select 'XMP' under memory, it will load that profile. Unfortunately, ASUS doesn't work that way - if you select XMP, it overclocks the entire system, to roughly 4.4. You can, however and as I have suggested, program those timings in manually - which you have done.

Summary - I suspect 'Spread Spectrum - Disable' might get you over the hump. However, I don't know what your actual load voltage is. I see 1.375v setting + LLC Ultra High, but I don't know what the net result of those settings is, under load, in Windows. It *should* be enough to get you stable, I think.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite