View Single Post
Old November 2, 2011, 06:59 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.y.wan View Post
The 6990... at a price point of 770 dollars, I would suggest you to just buy two 6950 2GB and unlock them to 6970s... They are 260 dollars cheaper, "quieter" and out performing the 6990... (Using more juice though)

6950 2GB:
NCIX.com - Buy Powercolor Radeon HD 6950 800MHZ 2GB 5.0GHZ DDR5 2XDVI HDMI 2x Mini DP Dual Fan PCI-E Video Card - PowerColor - AX6950 2GBD5-2DH - in Canada

I am very impressed with your courage to buy the bulldozer, even knowing how much it is outperformed in various benchmarks and reviews. (I didn't say it is a very wise decision though)

As far as PSUs, I have 2 from coolermaster, very solid and quiet so far.
NCIX.com - Buy Coolermaster GX 750W 80+ Power Supply SLI ATX12V V2.31 24PIN Active PFC PCI-E 120MM Fan - COOLERMASTER - RS750-ACAAE3 - in Canada
I wouldn't run any high end hardware on a coolermaster unit.
Espically if its a Seventeam unit....

I would opt for something like a Strider Plus 850, Seasonic X-860, Corsair AX850.

I agree with everyone else that you should drop the hopes for AMD this generation and maybe hope for the next gen to be better. Sandy Bridge is probably the best overall build for you to do at this point.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com