View Single Post
Old October 31, 2011, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Your other problem is due to the fact you're probably using the default fan profile, which is designed (poorly in my mind still) for single card use. This means if you run sli/xfire your primary card will run hotter. The best way to reduce this, is to follow the guide in my signature. It'll allow you to create your own fan profile to allow you to balance fan noise vs load temperatures down to something a lot more reasonable.

Have you tried running the card by itself? If not they'll ask you if you try to RMA and more then likely tell you to try the card by itself, as the reason your card is running hot is due to what I just said above and not a defective card.
This:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid_freeman View Post
Even when I remove the gigabyte card and leave the Hawk to run on it's own in the case, MSI Afterburner still shows it going up to 90 degrees celcius under load. The fans on the card sound like hairdryers they're working so hard.
And to the OP, any paste will work fine. I'd just suggest you stay away from high performance diamond and silver based pastes due to abrasion and conductivity/capacitance.