View Single Post
Old October 31, 2011, 03:59 AM
Rookie

You have to have motherboard in Raid mode. I've understand that if you have installed your Windows with motherboard in raid mode, you can install the SSD later and use SRT. I have another problem that maybe someone can help me with:

I'm looking for a functionality/application acting like:
1. Smart responce technology (problem: cannot be used when OS is installed on SSD) or
2. Readyboost, but without deleting the cache during reboot.

I want a program/function working like a read and write cache(*) for a the 7200rpm drive (using e.g. 10-30GB of the SSD disk or USB for cache) that "survives" OS restart. Do anyone know if there exist any application with this functionality (Solutions I know: 1. buy a second SSD to use for HD cache, and 2. I could install OS on the 7200 rpm drive and use part of the SSD as cache)?

(*) With cache I mean something like:
- mirror the latest filecs read from the HD, and
- writes data directly to the USB, and later mirror the data to the Hard drive (when it has started up from idle to 7200rpm.)

Background: My system: Windows 7, Z68 motherboard, 120GB SSD + 1GB disk 7200rpm. The slower disk goes into standby (which is fine because I doesn't use it very often), but when data is needed it starts up slowly which is annoying. data is needed it starts up slowly which is annoying.