View Single Post
Old October 30, 2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
THe outside look is the eye of the beholder, if you don't like its look thats entirelly understandable. I personally love it. As for cable management? It has tons of options. I love mine.

-ST
Actually, it was the inside of the case I wasn't enthused with. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pabz0r545 View Post
For cheap cases that actually look good, offer decent cooling ability and have good cable management I would recommend taking a look at a lot of the Rosewill cases on newegg. Most if not all of them are painted black on the inside, house a few fans, some even house up to seven, and they actually look decend and can get models with all of this for ~50-70.

Here is one in particular which is very nice for the price.

Rosewill CHALLENGER

I just went back and read the whole thread not just your post. I'm like you and quite picky with the cases. Sadly of all parts it's the one I spent most time researching and looking at. I looked at practically every frickin case on newegg and weeding through them all. If you don't mind spending a decent amount I would seriously look into the Corsair 400r for ~100 or any of the other Corsair Cases. They are stylish, have great cooling options, expandability, AMAZING cable management, and are painted black on the inside and are of good corsair quality. I'm pretty sure they even all have usb 3.0.

hth, cheers.

P.s. If you are in Canada I would try to order your case from NCIX as opposed to Newegg(I have ordered from both). Not only will it ship faster but much less for delivery charges. They had some deal on recently and I only paid $5 shipping for my new Fractal Design Define Mini.
Oh, I probably would have to or go with someone who ships for free since the case will most likely be over $50! Is it me or does newegg charge $45 for some of their cases?

That might be an amount I would need to get a certain case!

At least that Rosewill case is only $10 shipping.

I'll look into the Corsair but the 'cheaper' cases are all mid-towers.

I like the 800D or at least the look of it (inside) but I'm not paying $300 for a case!

Most likely, the budget will force one to come back to reality and I'll look at the cheap ones again. But, I don't want to regret my decision because I cheapened out. That's what happened with the 300. :)

P.S. Yes, I will be researching cases since there's so many and it's difficult to get a good idea from just the pictures. But, it sure isn't the most interesting component to research! :) I hope I can get some good insight from opinions and any anecdotes on the cases!

Dumb question?: Does it matter where the mobo slots are or, say, the ATX connectors on the mobo? I guess if the case has holes for cable management, any mobo will work sufficiently? I mean, there will be a hole that accommodates any mobo/connector location?