View Single Post
Old October 29, 2011, 10:51 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwingOP3 View Post
This is just an FYI that I'll be throwing some points over to my old team MaxPC for the next little while.

Found out today that the wife of Gordon Smitheman has been diagnosed with inoperable pancreatic cancer. If there is one person whom I could point to that got me started folding and kept me folding for the last two years, it would be this man. He was THEE folding fanboy for Team MaxPC for so many years and is well known in the folding community as he has acted as the team captain for the Chimp Challenge in years past.

There are posts on the MaxPC folding forums regarding the "Bad News" thread from Gordon about the disease as well as a "Foldathon for Rose" thread discussing the amassing of points as a tribute to him and his wife.

My good friend Full_Taoer has posted info on EVGA, [H]ardOCP, Overclock.net, Custom PC and Windows7Forums regarding this sad news. There has been heartwarming support and condolences from all facets of the folding community.

We are a large number of groups on the same team!!

This is the reason many of us Fold my friend. Where the points go matters little, so long as we are all focusing on the same goal.
We lost one of our Pioneers here (Pete) and he has insipired many of us to fold. Very sorry to hear this news, none of us ever want to hear such things...

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com