View Single Post
Old October 23, 2011, 12:23 AM
Rookie

Default Going to upgrade, just wanted to double check

Hey,

I'm pretty much set on an upgrade for BF3, Arkham City, and all the other new games. I'm just looking for some words of encouragement so I can go into the store and buy something with confidence, knowing it'll be worth it.

Right now, I've got:
AMD Athlon 7850 BE Kuma (OC'd to 3.0GHz)
Asus M4A77D
2x4GB + 2x2GB DDR2 RAM
ATI 5770
OCZ ModXStream 500w PSU
Case.

I'm planning on going with a 560 ti (this one: Newegg.ca - MSI N560GTX-TI Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card). Just wanted to check that my CPU won't be bottlenecking it TOO much? I want to play BF3 with nice frame rates without having console level graphics. I know my cpu is an oldie, and I'm going to be upgrading, but I'm trying to hold out until the new Intels come out next year for a complete overhaul (you know, with that newfangled DDR3 RAM). And the 560ti should still be relevant next year, right? Cause I know it has been on the market for almost a year already, and I figure atleast this way I can get a bit of gaming in before a complete overhaul.

So great members of hardware canucks, want to help convince me that this upgrade is the right one for me?