View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 05:57 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Originally Posted by keto View Post
Just thought I'd mention, you might have a bit of misunderstanding here. You can overclock
-the bus speed (though no, it doesn't have a divider so that you can go in large increments)
-the cpu multiplier
-the memory (admittedly, very little real performance gain to be had here unless you are trying to eek out that last .1 sec or 2 fps for some sort of record run)

each independently of the other.

I've done more tweaking and optimizing on this system than on my old 939 system.
Meh FBS on a 1155 104-105 is the max it seams for this p67, yes I realize you can oc the ram separate, but what I am meaning is on amd am2-3+ and 939 for that matter your talking in most instances, with a decient board, your going to be doing a FBS overclock. Sorry but unless I have missed something totally going to this Sandy this is pretty much completely opposite of Intel. AMD really doesnt need a unlocked cpu since again your going to fsb clocking, with sandy you need that multi since the fsb will crap out long before you get the cpu up to speed.

Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton