View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 02:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Heh.... yeah, I'd call myself a long time supporter of both AMD & ATI.

First proc I ever fried was a 1G T-bird.... :) S754 semprons were my first real exposure to overclocking, and my name's still out there on the internets WRT DFI-Street's 3G club (S939 3700+ San Diego) if a person wants to search hard enough, but I was running AMDs almost from the very start.

On the ATI front.... I spent years convinced that ATI cards produced a vastly superior image quality, and fondly remember sneaking an AIW card into the house.... ;)
I'll openly admit to being so as well even thought I have owned 1 intel cpu & used 1 nvidia gpu/chipset in my pc lifetime.

But for me my stance is partialy fanboy, partialy consumer, partialy business ethics (ie. dell & other major pc manufactorers payback/bribe/exstortion to not sell amd pc's back in the early 2000's) + income level as why i have stuck with amd/ati over the years .... Hell i even sold a won Dell L1156 i7 860 pc to a friend to do more amd upgrade's which I know some folks would call me nuts for.

BUT again like i say over & over again, peaple can go be "sheep" to the intel camp all they like. I've still yet to have a amd box not to anything a intel box does nor allow me to play the lastest games at a acceptable framerate & high quality. And I know users on various forums including this one whom also agree that ultimately in the end there is realy not alot of diffrence between x amd box vs x intel box & alot of it falls into the e-penile factor to be "cool".

And sorry but im a "realists", not a "fanboy" as what likes to be slung around by peaple in general & since being involved with the internet & pc technoligy since 96' .... I for one as a consumer don't see why intel should profit since 2000 for there bad business ethics + the other reality of do we wanna go back to a era where the only major pc hardware was intel & for a 1/2 azz setup the board & cpu would cost you $1200. And don't try to use the argument things are made too cheap for intel to do so now ... through there "creative marketing" there are MANY users whom would even still buy a overpriced poor preforming celron cpu simply cause its a "intel".

Either way I look forward to hopefully SKY or anyone else from this site or the other major ones do more investigating into the cpu & platform to see if things are REALY all doom & gloom as folks are thinking they are so far.