View Single Post
Old October 14, 2011, 09:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129 View Post
Corsair isn't always the best of the best, and the ongoing myth that they always are irks me.

Try looking at the Antec NeoECO lineup. They're generally very well priced and are excellent performers, based on the SeaSonic S12II Bronze platform. SeaSonic recently hiked prices to their retail partners, so Antec may be discontinuing these models. Grab them while they're still available.
Ironically you would recommend a Seasonic platform when 50% + of what Corsair uses is Seasonic...

Corsair is touted as the best of the best because of the OEM platforms they choose to brand their PSU's with. CWT's and Seasonics top performers are good reason they have the following they do.

They are not the only one I reccomend however, as I love Antec and there Delta units. Silverstone when they use good Enhance units.

Mind you Corsair and Seasonic have some good competition comming in the form of Superflower. NewEggs newest units use that OEM and it shows. AS well as Kingwin. So Corsair might be fighting for top spot soon enough.

Now, onto Geo.
If you want to get one of the newer OCZ power units go for it. The Z series is pretty good now that they have refined the platform they are using.

Though with $100 budget its gonna be tight you could get this while its on sale:

NCIX.com - Buy Antec High Current Gamer 620W 48A 24PIN ATX12V V2.3 Active PFC 80 Plus Bronze Power Supply 135mm Fan - Antec - HCG-620 - in Canada

The HCG series from Antec are solid, or a Silvestone STrider Plus 500 (though I think that one is Topower and not Enhance, i.e. not as good).

My thoughts,

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com