View Single Post
Old October 6, 2011, 08:13 PM
MVP

"Dynamic Vcore (DVID) is greyed out in the shot above but you can adjust this instead of Vcore if you set Vcore to Standard."

I will make an assumption that this function of the bios is the same as on my Z68X-UD3H-B3. People may also want to know that, set to Standard, vcore cannot be adjusted - you are at the mercy of what the system decides to give you. Near as I can tell on mine, the bios adjusts the vcore based on a calculation that includes the system speed/multi setting. I consider it a failing on their part that you cannot use LLC and DVID at the same time (as you can with ASUS and others). I have read elsewhere that Gigabyte have stated they have no intention of implementing the ability to use both at the same time. I am aware that on some 67/68 boards there are bios versions where both are enabled, so I'm not sure what to believe.

Like this reviewed Gigabyte, mine is very stable. I use LLC level 5 at 4.8 on a 2500K. My issue is that, at idle, vcore is .050v higher than under load (1.428 vs 1.476, to be exact)...this happens regardless what level LLC I use, and that I why I would like the ability to also use DVID for offset. The auto function will provide me with enough voltage for 4.5 but not enough for 4.8 - I need .200 of offset at that point, and my system will not boot at that setting.

I have no long term beef with Gigabyte, my previous 2 high end systems are still running today on Gigabyte boards after many years of trouble free service. I just think their implementation in this case, if they care to cater to overclockers as we know they do, is flawed.

Cheers.
EVGA GTX 580 SSC
Caviar Black 1TB x2 RAID0
Corsair Gold 850W
Corsair H80
Corsair 600T Graphite

Last edited by keto; October 6, 2011 at 08:19 PM.