Thread: Iphone 4s
View Single Post
Old October 5, 2011, 07:00 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
I beg to differ on a few points. The 1GHz ARM Cortex-A8 vs the new Dual-core 1GHz A5 processor with dual-core graphics is a big step
On paper it is. In reality, zero current iOS apps have capabilities to take advantage of a dual core processor. Unfortunately, the uptake on dual core supporting apps will likely be very, very slow at first due to developers wanting the largest market for their apps. By the time there are enough worthwhile dual core apps out there, the iPhone 5 will be out.

Quote:
as is the 1080p HD video capability. I also like the built in video stabilizatiion...
How is this so great? Do you really think a 1080P cell phone video will look any different from one shot in 720P? The operative words here are "CELL PHONE VIDEO". As for the video stabilization; it is done through software rather than hardware so it isn't any different from the various apps like Video Stiller which do the exact same thing for the standard iPhone 4.

Quote:
At the end of the day, the Apple phone is easier to sell on the market vs the Android or Blackberry.
I'll agree with this. The Android market is far too fragmented and while I am bananas about by new Bold 9900, I can't see the current RIM offerings appealing to the growing populace who wants a status symbol rather than a functional mobile device.