View Single Post
Old October 3, 2011, 06:23 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
Is it possible that there was some sort of defect in that particular line of boards? I happen to be at the other end of the spectrum. I built three systems using the P55 GD80 (one of them being my own). My board now resides in my girlfriend's rig and the other two are still running flawlessly. I wouldn't hesitate to buy msi boards from the intel line. I can't comment on amd boards or processors as I have never bought or built an amd rig.

Had it just been those, and had it just been me throughout the circle of people I know then I would chalk it up to bad (really bad luck) on my part. But, that still doesn't excuse the CS I received (and I am always diplomatic, I never yell).
And with the issues some others have had, I just don't take the risk.

They are not alone, my ASUS 785TD-V EVO boards, I bought 10 of them. Over the course of a year 3 had failed. What makes the difference? I had replacements, no questions asked in less than 5 days for each.

-ST

EDIT - Don't get me wrong Mo, I'd be willing to try them again maybe sometime in the future once something is appealing. Its just hard to trust them again.

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com

Last edited by Soultribunal; October 3, 2011 at 06:55 AM.