View Single Post
Old September 27, 2011, 02:20 PM

Default How to overclock SLI cards using software

This is a question from :

Quote:
Hello Linus. First off, I enjoy your videos and the reviews you have for many of the items I decided to pick up. Fantastic job; keep up the good work!

I'm picking up 2 of these nVidia cards and am wondering how to overclock these in SLI.

Newegg.com - MSI N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition GeForce GTX 580 (Fermi) 3072MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Note: I've yet to get the cards (coming in tomorrow) and just prepping with knowing how to overclock them. I've read some outdated info on how to overclock them with the 8800 series or 200 GT series, but not these. Can this be done with the included software? If not, what would I need to overclock them? Thanks for any input!
Right now my favourite software for overclocking graphics cards is MSI Afterburner. It's awesome. Very intuitive to use. You can follow my guide here on how to overclock a modern graphics card. It's different from the one you're looking at, but the same rules will still apply. NVIDIA GeForce GTX Series Fermi Video Card Overclocking Guide (NCIX Tech Tips #78) - YouTube

I recommend googling/reading around a little bit to see what other folks are achieving with your card to give you some idea where to start.

I've also taken the liberty of discounting a single unit of that card just for you. You can buy it here: NCIX US - Buy N580GTX Lightning Xtreme Edition - MSI GeForce GTX 580 Lightning Xtreme Edition 832MHZ 3GB 4200MHZ GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI HDMI DP Video Card - MSI/MicroStar - Great price and fast delivery

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647