View Single Post
Old May 1, 2008, 03:52 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
The Pro version with an ATI HD3870X2 shows between 7700 to about 9000 points from one test to another on the Performance setting.
Wow, I had not heard of that happening at all. For now I can only hope that it is all just driver issues, but at this point it would be hard to say. Although I have seen people get way better scores with the brand new drivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrom17 View Post
To be honest, I think it should be boycotted until it there's a free version that can be run continuously and be able to post on ORB. I believe HWBot is going this way and trying not to support it.
Let's start this with the above quote. I think this is the major issue MANY people will have with this since you will have to pony up the money for the right to run this benchmark more than once. Personally, I land in both camps since there are plenty of benchmarks that we have access to that are not available for free and are very good at comparing one product to another. At the same time I have a bit of an issue with having someone having to "pay to compare".
That is one thing that really bugs me as well. I mean I just don't see it becoming as widespread as 3DMark06 was without a true free version. I don't know that many people that are willing to "pay to compare" as SKYMTL said.

That said I would still like to see it included into the reviews but really hope that those discrepancies in the scores can be worked out.