View Single Post
Old April 30, 2008, 07:26 PM
F@H

My System Specs

To be honest, I think it should be boycotted until it there's a free version that can be run continuously and be able to post on ORB. I believe HWBot is going this way and trying not to support it.

I guess if you do include it (seems like most people want it), make sure you do a few runs and average it out. Also make sure all other benchmarks are done in Vista as well, and that it's clearly stated, as you can't compare Vista benchmarks to XP as far as I'm concerned. Seeing as the Vista adoption rate is rather low, this is probably a key note to mention.

As we all know though, 3DMark really doesn't have much value compared to actual games. Vantage (trial) runs way worse than any of the DX10 games I've played. Also looks quite poor too compared to current games, on "Performance" preset at least as I'm not paying for a program that gives me a number.

Oh, as per the 22" screen thing, I agree there. Should definitely start use 1680x1050 as one of the default resolutions as more and more people are using this now.