View Single Post
Old September 9, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
Perhaps, but that doesn't tell the whole story. And again much like PSU calculators I don't take tables like that with much seriousness. I probably should have been more clear as to my meaning.
Units die, all of them will.
The biggest issue is not being able to run to capacity and killing your hardware inside when they die.
I have luckily never had a corsair either die, or take something out. I have had 2 ultras buy the farm but again not lose a component. I have had 12 OCZ failures and 4 of those damaged the systems they were in.
So Regardless of the Table, I take personal experience in as well. And I am not alone. There are many OEM's I know and friends too whom feel the same and have experienced the same.

ST
Agreed. I take into account people's personal experiences more than numbers. There are things you just know from a community consensus to be true. It seems almost everyone has had great success with Corsair on this forum. My personal experience with them is stellar. I had a water leak from an acrylic block into my HX1000. Not only did the PSU shutdown my computer safely without damaging anything, it still worked the next day. It did however die a few weeks after, but that was entirely my fault.