View Single Post
Old September 9, 2011, 09:15 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by test tube View Post
Seller volume should not have a lot to do with return rates when they are listed as a percentage of units sold. If you sell 100 units and 2 fail or if you sell 1000 units and 20 fail, it's still 2%.

As far as the age of the table,
"The returns rates given concern the products sold between October 1st 2009 and April 1st 2010 for returns made before October 2010, namely after between 6 months and a year of use. The statistics by manufacturer are based on a minimum sample of 500 sales, those by model on a minimum sample of 100 sales."

Up to a year ago isn't really that old...
Perhaps, but that doesn't tell the whole story. And again much like PSU calculators I don't take tables like that with much seriousness. I probably should have been more clear as to my meaning.
Units die, all of them will.
The biggest issue is not being able to run to capacity and killing your hardware inside when they die.
I have luckily never had a corsair either die, or take something out. I have had 2 ultras buy the farm but again not lose a component. I have had 12 OCZ failures and 4 of those damaged the systems they were in.
So Regardless of the Table, I take personal experience in as well. And I am not alone. There are many OEM's I know and friends too whom feel the same and have experienced the same.

ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com