View Single Post
Old September 8, 2011, 09:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I would at this point honestly opt for a 580. Any type of 580 will do (just avoid the 3GB models, they are a realy waste of money).
nVidia's drivers have been very good for me as of late, and that is really the linch pin for any graphics card.
You will have people from both sides saying one way or the other. The Decision is ultimately yours to make.
Even I was swayed to get 6950's and 6850's. Until I had so many problems with the cards that even XFX was baffled and RMA'd them in hopes it really was just bad cards (it wasn't...).

In lieu I got myself a EVGA 580 and it runs fairly cool 70's max load, with good FPS on what I play (WoW, WoT, LoL, EVE) all maxed with forced AA.
It was honestly the best investment I made, and if you want to as well, grab a 520 for a PhysX card if that suits your fancy.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com