View Single Post
Old September 5, 2011, 09:57 AM
Rookie

Question Aliased text/graphics when playing full screen games

This issue is really driving me up the wall. I got a new graphics card for my rig, an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560TI by EVGA and everything seems to be running fine.

I have the computer connected to a 46" Sony Bravia KDL-46EX500 via Mini-HDMI to HDMI and am running at 1920x1080. I have ensured that my graphics drivers are fully up to date.

The problem comes whenever I try to run any fullscreen games, and I do mean ANY...Morrowind, Oblivion, Bioshock, Starcraft 2, Just Cause 2, CoD4, and countless others. When the game is running in fullscreen mode, all of the graphics become aliased and the text becomes unreadable.

As one may expect, this issue is only when playing in fullscreen and runs just fine in windowed mode.. And it doesn't matter what resolution. I've tried changing resolution, vsync, sync rate, ive fuddled with all the TV settings. No dice. After reading around a bit trying to find a solution, I'm beginning to wonder if it has to do with the motherboard...it's an oooold Asrock 939Dual-Sata2 and the last BIOS update was in 2006...but the mobo/pcu upgrade to go along with this gfx card isnt for a few months so I'd like to explore other possibilities.

I honestly don;t even know where to start on this one, help is much apreciated.