View Single Post
Old April 28, 2008, 02:32 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashock View Post
The whole reason for this thread is i saw a lot of places saying the VF-900 is not adequate for the 8800gt compared to S1 and all those are hunky big coolers but this small cooler does the job while looking good and does not take up as much space as the others and its absolutely silent.
The thermal tape on my ram sinks were kaput. I had to use another method for getting them on. I hope it's not murder to get them off if I ever want to? Maybe a blow dryer and a screw driver will be required? - lol

I think people say that the S1 does a good job without active cooling. And with fan(s) it does an even better job. That's all. Compared to the VF900 it surely does keep the card cooler, but the VF900 does a fine job too. I guess it just depends on how important absolute possible coolest temps are to you.

For me (and you) the VF900 is doing a fine job. I agree it is silent. It was on my 7900GS too so I already knew what to expect. I figured why buy another cooler, this one will perform nicely.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE