View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nice review, Sky!
Wow if that sticks that is a crazy price...

It has quite a few similarities with my Samsung QX411 (add +0.7" on the screen size, an ODD, a little on the weight, and deduct over half in price). I don't know what Samsung is doing with those little covers for the USB 3.0 - I always plug the mouse into the left side of the notebook to use the mouse on the right without obstruction, so I wish I could just remove them.
Although I don't like the idea of having a proprietary connector, I think Samsung shows that the RJ45 jack needs a modern replacement. Without a grounded exterior jack, I always wonder if by plugging in an RJ45 if I'll end up completing a circuit or discharging static electricity into my NIC...

I assume you're not allowed to take the lappy apart? Ever since I bought my Sammy laptop I've wondered where the intake for the cooling system is. All those little tiny vents seem too small to get any decent amount of air through.