View Single Post
Old September 1, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Nice review, Sky!
Wow if that sticks that is a crazy price...

It has quite a few similarities with my Samsung QX411 (add +0.7" on the screen size, an ODD, a little on the weight, and deduct over half in price). I don't know what Samsung is doing with those little covers for the USB 3.0 - I always plug the mouse into the left side of the notebook to use the mouse on the right without obstruction, so I wish I could just remove them.
Although I don't like the idea of having a proprietary connector, I think Samsung shows that the RJ45 jack needs a modern replacement. Without a grounded exterior jack, I always wonder if by plugging in an RJ45 if I'll end up completing a circuit or discharging static electricity into my NIC...

I assume you're not allowed to take the lappy apart? Ever since I bought my Sammy laptop I've wondered where the intake for the cooling system is. All those little tiny vents seem too small to get any decent amount of air through.
"The computer programmer says they should drive the car around the block and see if the tire fixes itself." [src]