View Single Post
Old August 30, 2011, 10:02 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default BFBC2 issue hardware software I am stumped

Motherboard: M4A78T-E
Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945 Deneb 3.0GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3
Memory: 8GB G.SKILL Ripjaws
Video Card: Sapphire Toxic Radeon HD 6950 1GB X2 crossfire
Hard Drive: Western Digital
640GB 7200 RPM
Power Supply:
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional x64

Monitors: ASUS 23.6” VH242H x 3 Eyefinity

Problem Battlefield 2 Bad Company Multiplayer randomly shuts down to windows with no error messages. It is such a random deal I have reduced graphics settings to see if that helps but have not really noticed a difference.

This problem started occurring when I added the eyefinity. (BFBC2 is supported and has gold rating) My graphic cards have the most up to date driver from ATI direct.

I thought it may be the processor so I overclocked a little on the processor and got it to (3.1something) All software done… by auto clocking AMD software. The multiplier is locked on a 945. I played uninterrupted for about 15 min and the system locked. Hard reboot required. I have since let it go back to stock 3.0

Side note on processor- I have Norton antivirus and it will give warnings that pop up during game play on high CPU usage. I have never seen this message as of yet. I can check the logs on the Norton system monitor but I am pretty sure it never maxes out.

My graphic cards are at 70 C range and all heat is vented out of case by both cards.

Different game but Cyrsis 2 and Dirt3 runs with no problems in eyefinity

No errors just ~ Game pause and program shuts to windows. I did try playing for awhile at a single monitor it seemed to be better. The problem is you have a hard time telling the difference from a Lag problem to the problem I am describing. Lag problem will not shut down to windows you get a server lost error message.

Any ideas ?? Settings to try?? Anyone else seeing this kind of thing

Thanks in advance