View Single Post
Old August 25, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I dont really get it, this was fairly well documented in every review/preview that I read on these., you use the Tactical pod for USB, since the pod contains the C Media chip, use the analog connections removes the usb pod from the setup and the CMedia chip, so tring to adjust via the CM software that is for the Cmedia chip no wont work.
As stated in the reviews if you want to use analog then you use your SOUNDCARDs chipset (so no CM software or pod) to change the volume and any enhancements.
I was referring to the inability to adjust the volume when using 5.1 analog. This was NOT clarified in any promotional info available. I called CM support over this and the tech rep was not aware of that concern. He said he owned a set,but used the USB and didn't find out. His name is Marvin and he was just as surprised as I was to find no volume control. He also said they would change thier web site to indicate that information. I'm fully aware that you can't use USB software with analog modes. My concern was the lack of a volume control for the analog connection method. You can set the volume from you sound card or windows,but once you're in game,there is no way. Apparently,CM has a module or something in the works.
Corsair Air 540 -i7 4930k @ 4.4ghz. Liquid cooled-4x4gb G Skill Trident X DDR3@ 2400mhz- Two EVGA Titans SLI - Xonar Phoebus Sound Card-Dell 3008 30" Monitor-Razer Tiamat Headphones-Butt Kicker Gamer-TrackIR 5