View Single Post
Old August 18, 2011, 09:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Thanks JD, I was actually waiting to see how you like em before I grab a couple. How do the eyes feel? Since I assume you just got them care to comment them after you have used them for a bit. Do you find you need the 2 on your U2711? Could you unplug one and let me know how that is?

I know questions, questions.

I assume they are sticky backed and if I dont have to stick 2 on then that would be better. But if one isnt enough then I'll do 2.

Thanks.
Well one would only really illuminate the top of the monitor. Mainly due to the adjustable stand on the U2711, you can't really stick is mid-monitor. Even if you had a fixed 27", I don't think it would provide enough illumination.

And the tape on them is pretty sticky. Don't see any major issues there, but monitors do get pretty warm so we'll see how it holds up. The cable also tends to "pull" on the LEDs/tape so that could be an issue too. The cable should of been attached at a 90 degree angle IMO rather than coming out straight with the LED strip.

For <$10 though, I'd say just buy two and use what you find necessary. I've only used it for a few hours last night so I can't really comment much on the eye strain. I know when I'm tired though, the monitor hurts my eyes so we'll see if that's any better on like Friday/Saturday when I'm up late

I'll try to remember to take a picture of the back of the monitor so you can see where I mounted them.