View Single Post
Old August 14, 2011, 04:54 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
also some mobos come with a 20 gig ssd, like some dude pointed out ..wait,that may be it
Hm, the Gigabyte board boasts "smart response" but doesn't state plainly it comes with built-in SSD and then goes on to list "Intel Smart Response SSD Available Vender List" ... kinda makes it sound like its sold separately. This board would be my choice if I could be proven wrong on that point.

Otherwise I might have to go with the pricier ASUS P8Z68-V Pro Z68 LGA1155 ATX 3PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2 PCI B3 Motherboard which at least has the decency to explain the feature in english; "It uses an installed fast SSD (min 18.6GB available) as a cache for frequently accessed operations"

Gotta love the hardware market. You need a degree to sort through some of this stuff.

Edit: after researching more lengthily, I'm fairly convinced these two sub-200$ motherboards dont actually come with any SSD. Asus' wording is merely confusing by suggesting so. I've read comparative reviews of both and none suggest the SSD comes for free. Not to mention, with these kinds of basic 20Go SSDs easily worth 40-60$, it would have been surprising to find one "in the box" with either a 165$ or 190$ board.

Last edited by Valamyr; August 14, 2011 at 05:19 PM.